This function defines image transparency for printing or exporting into an other program.
- Open the "Paths" dialog.
- If you wish to use the "Work Path" or current shape layer's path, select it in the Paths list and apply the "Save Path" command*.
- Double-click the "Define Clipping Path" command.
- In the dialog box that appears, pull down the "Path" menu and choose a path* that will define printable area (screenshot).
- Optionally, you may specify "Flatness" value (more about).
*Unsaved paths can't be used for image clipping.
- Now you are ready to print the image (see example).
- For using a clipping path in other application (such as InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) save the document to PSD or TIFF format.
- To disable a clipping path, apply the "Define Clipping Path" command and, in the "Clipping Path" dialog, select "Path: None".