To ungroup nested elements individually:
- In the "Layers" dialog, select the containing group and apply the "Open Layer Group" command.
- In the Layers list, select one or more nested items.
- Apply the "Extract Selected Items" command. On the screenshot 1, you can see the extraction of layers "Levels 1" and "Shape 1".
To extract all the nested elements and eliminate the emptied group:
- Select the group in the Layers list.
- Apply the "Ungroup Current Set" command (fig.2).
- The "Merge Layer Group" command converts the group to a raster layer.
- At last, the "Ungroup All Layers" command instantly ungroups all the layers in you document (fig. 3).